Check out my new blog

Check out my new blog: Worthington Ave.

5.26.2013

Dairy Free/ Egg Free Chocolate Cupcakes



As you may know, I can't have dairy... so yes, I cannot eat the cupcakes I make! Other than little taste tests here and there.

But as of yesterday that is no longer the case! 

Yup! Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes!

They are AMAZING!!!! (Pretty sure I've already had 5....)

And they also happen to be egg free for those with that allergy as well! 


Recipe
The recipe comes from [here] and was slightly adapted by me.

Ingredients:
1 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 7/8 c. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. almond milk
1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl
3. In a mixer combine the oil, vanilla, vinegar, and almond milk
4. In the mixer gradually combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until well combined.
5. Scoop into cupcake pans and bake for 20-25 min.
6. Let cool and frost!


I didn't actually make this frosting. It came from a big 5 gallon tub that my best friend gave me to frost the cupcakes for her wedding at the beginning of May. It is a vanilla shortening frosting with no dairy! And it is awesome and delicious! It comes from Sam's Club and I love it!


Enjoy! 
Cami






No comments:

Post a Comment